Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day Off?

I'm having one of those days.

The ones where I don't want to be the mom.

I have a headache, I'm tired and soar in bits, my to do list has barely been touched and my brain has been disengaged all day.

Can someone else please be the mom for a while?

Can someone else please make the dinner? (From scratch of course) Can someone else clean the kitchen and nurse the baby and organize the bulk buys and take care of the dogs at the same time!? I don't feel like vacuuming or paying bills and balancing the check book. I don't feel like dealing with the dirty looks and eye rolls and heavy sighs when I ask for help. (from the kids either) Can someone else "reason" with the kids about why they need to finish their school work or do chores or eat their veggies or not beat each other up? I just don't feel like it right now.

What I really want to do is take a nice hot shower (by myself) to get these knots out. I want to sit on my bum and have a cup of tea (without having 4 little people whining that they want some too, or that it's not fair, or trashing my kitchen when I'm not looking and draining all of my energy.) I want to have the energy and motivation to work in my studio (you know I usually make stuff for you anyway.) And by 'work in my studio' I mean, actually in there. by myself. without a bunch of kids going through my stuff and asking to use it, and asking to see it, and undoing all the organizing I did.



Can I please just not be the mom for a little while. Without feeling guilty about it?

4 comments:

  1. I don't have 4 little people under foot, but I still want to be Pippi Longstocking ... some days are just more difficult than others even when you just live with a 92 pound Old English Sheepdog (Emma).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meliss, bring em over, I can't nurse the baby, I'm all dried up. But he can pacify if he wants to :) I can have some fun with those girls of yours and give you the day off. You'll still have to feed the dog though. Love, Mare

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol dont u moms always think that? :)



    lowen (ask the girls- the oldest)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So! Meliss - No new posts latly?

    ReplyDelete