Wednesday, March 18, 2009

First Post...

...of many I hope. (technically I wrote this out a day ago. cheating? maybe.) My hope for the blog is to keep all of you, my friends and colleagues, up to date with the comings and goings of Tweedlepox.

Tweedlepox is, in essence, everything I do. My Etsy store is scheduled to open the end of March. That is my goal, though time is running out. (My husband, Gabe, said he'd help me get the store up as I am somewhat computer illiterate. However, Gabriel is a terrible procrastinator so I'm guessing it'll be down to the wire.)

The store will start with the jewelry I have made and eventually expand to include the products of my other endeavors. I have created art from fabric , watercolors, paper, stamps, flour and more. This blog and my store will both be works in progress as I learn the tools and tricks.

Because I am the mother of 4 and a homeschooling, cloth diapering, Work At Home Mom, my interests are many and my time is limited. Very limited. I hope to include in this blog other aspects of my Tweedle life. But mostly I want to share my art and stay accountable to my goals. Creative and otherwise.

What are my goals? You mean besides opening my store on etsy the end of this month. (a very cool handcrafted artists site that I heard about over a year ago. I wanted to get started on it over a year ago but had a few surprises, like Gabe losing his job of 15 years and a surprise baby-but that's another story. Needless to say, I was a little distracted. Having a kid n stuff.) So, what are my goals? That's a good question. I think I will have to ponder it more seriously.

I took a seminar once in which we went through an exercise that we had to define ourselves by who we were creating ourselves to be. (as opposed to who we feel like or the stories that we make up and live into) I wish I could remember my definition (it was 9 years ago) all I can remember is that it started with "uninhibited".(not in a gross way either) Something that, by nature, I generally am not. But just think of all the wonderfulness we could accomplish for our art/work/family/spirituality if we were uninhibited. I mean, just say the word. No, with feeling, man! UNINHIBITED! Isn't it just a great, inspiring, empowering way to be. It's more than just a mood, it's a way of being. I guess that's my first and maybe most important goal. To be uninhibited. Uninhibited in my love for my family, in my service to my God, in my art and artistic expressions. And in the business of my art. (cuz making art isn't scary, sharing it is).

So here I am, starting something exciting and a bit scary, I'm being uninhibited. Maybe not perfectly, maybe not always, but dang, it sure sounds good.

Meliss

so who are you being today?

No comments:

Post a Comment