Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sneak Peek

I suppose I should plan these things better. I often have "great" ideas for a blog, but I forget them by the time I sit down to write. (I say 'write' because I'm old fashioned-I deny liking computers at all- and I'm stubborn) I really should carry a notebook with me to jot things down. (come to think of it, Husband has equipped me with a palm pilot that I could take notes in, but again, I'm old fashioned and stubborn. I hate taking notes on the thing. I use it for my grocery list and the calculator.)

In the scheme of things in general, I don't know that I'm being uninhibited or making great strides and working great plans. But I am moving forward, so I guess that's something. Maybe I'm just impatient or expecting to much in too little a time. I can see where I want to be and it's frustrating that I'm not there yet. I think we all have that problem and that's what gets us down. We get discouraged and slow or maybe even give up and stop altogether because we focus on what we don't have or what we're not accomplishing.

Instead, we, I, should focus on how far I have gotten, what I have accomplished, and what I do have. (Kinda goes along with what I was saying in my last post. Even though I'm not where I would like to be, and it sometimes seems like times are bad, I still have many things to be thankful for and I still have what I need.)

So what have I accomplished? (Here's the part where I want to be really negative and spout off all the things that didn't work or I didn't get to or I did wrong-but I wont.)
Well, after many months (over a year actually) I have finally convinced Gabe to help me to open a store on Etsy. I have written and refined (and will refine a bit more) the policies for my shop, as well as the bio and shipping info. (scary stuff, but I think I'll figure it out)

And just this week, Gabe has helped me to take pictures of the first few items that I will be listing on my Tweedlepox Etsy store. Here is a sneak peek of what is to come.

Grace's Garden



Silver Bali earrings


I will be listing these as well as five other pieces in just a few days, with more to come soon after. I'm listing a few at a time to stagger it a bit and give me time to set things up, figure out how they work, and have time to create new pieces as well.

I'm still very nervous about the whole thing. Will I remember everything? Will I do it right? Will shipping be hard? Or accepting PayPal? Or keeping track or things? I've done just about every bit of research that I can to try to get an understanding of how things work and what to expect so there's really nothing left but to go for it.

So I'm goin' for it!

Meliss

Have you ever fought off the negative brain chatter and accomplished something really great? Let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment