Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm Pluggin Along

I'm almost done setting up shop. I have posted my policies (just doing that was amazing in itself) and am now in the process of posting my first few pieces to my Tweedlepox Etsy store.

I haven't had much time to create new things, but, as a good friend is getting married soon, I was able to take some time to make a simple card for her bridal shower. When I first completed it I didn't like it. (It was 1 in the morning and I was very tired) However, when I saw it with new eyes the next day I decided it was pretty cute, the only thing it lacked was glitter. My friend it a bling kinda girl. Here is the out come.

I love the flowery background paper but it is very busy so I only let it peak out from behind the blue a tiny bit . As I said, the card is very simple, I would have liked to do something much more fancy but just didn't have time. I will have to save that for the wedding card!


The image is stamped on white paper then colored with chalks in coral, pink, dusty green, and baby blue using a blender pen. I then stamped the image again on vellum and overlaid the dress for a more subtle color. Glitter adds a bit of sparkle to the skirt. I cut the image out and formed a wire hanger in place of the stamped one. The tiny little hanger is probably my favorite part.


My youngest daughter also made a pretty dress for our friend. She's getting much better at her coloring. I like how she alternated the colors for the dress.

My hope is to have all of the pieces that I currently have pictures of listed by this evening, then I will continue to photograph and list more in the days to come.

I have the urge to offer some great words of wisdom or encouragement (for myself as much as anyone else who may read this) but unfortunately, I'm just not getting anything. Not anything new anyway. So I just need to keep pluggin along (I guess that goes for exercising too) and I'll get there eventually.

Meliss

No comments:

Post a Comment