Friday, March 27, 2009

Snow in Spring


Yesterday was a spring snow day. All the more reason to enjoy a hot cuppa this morning.

It doesn't snow much in CO. but when it does, it's either gone in 2 hours or it snows for 2 days. This was the 2 day variety. I don't know what it is about snow days that make me want to laze around and do nothing, but that's what happened.

I had intended to finish up my policies page for my Etsy store (which is still under construction but due to open in a few days) but the snow seemed to have swallowed all good intentions.

I have to say that spring is not my favorite season. It promises to be rich with flower buds and honey bees, but it's a sneaky season with freak snowstorms and cold snaps and it's impossible to know when the last frost is so I can plant a garden. On the plus side though, spring snow is quite pretty when it's finished. Have a look.


The morning after



My garden tea table. This is a love/hate picture.
So pretty, but it means I can't take my tea outside.




Poor little beat up fence

Today will be more productive. Maybe I'll even get my pieces listed by this evening. (one can dream) I will be understanding of the kids not wanting to finish their schoolwork as the snowy hills call to them, and I will definitely be having more hot tea.

Meliss


No comments:

Post a Comment