Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tweedlepox Etsy store welcome page

I have officially opened a store on Etsy here. It is however, not stocked and running just yet. I am in the process of posting my policies and and getting everything in order. Soon. Very soon.

In the mean time, here is a copy of my profile page. I hope you enjoy it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tweedlepox is a silly word. Maybe unique, or whimsical, or unusual. And a contagion. A pox, if you will, not of bad things, but good. Like an addiction to chocolate and afternoon tea. Tweedelpox is me and my art in whatever form it sees fit to erupt.

My name is Melissa and I love the art of crafting. (And the art of chocolate and the art of afternoon tea.) I took many art classes in school, but my teachers where never impressed. I didn't let that stop me though. As an adult I discovered a whole world of art that is not fenced in by the conventions of a high school art class. I love paper and beads and paint. And I love mixing them all together, like creating a new treat in the kitchen, which I often do as well.

Within Tweedlepox I began creating jewelry, though I've never intended that to be my only form of art. And while I do have some "serious" pieces, my favorites are those that are elegant and wondrous at the same time.

Some of the components I use in my designs include beads designed by other artists. I will always give credit where credit is due for these elements. If I use an artist's design in one of my OOAK pieces, it's because I love it and admire their artistry.

All of my pieces are one of a kind and I tend to gravitate toward the whimsical and unique. I make what I love and what I'd love to wear. I hope you'll love it too.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Meliss

No comments:

Post a Comment