Friday, April 17, 2009

Secret Garden in a Local Greenhouse


As promised, here are the pictures of the greenhouse I visited last Saturday. I find it all very inspirational in a couple of ways.

1. It makes me want to learn to garden (I am attempting my first square foot garden this summer, very excited to have fresh veggies this season..)

2. It makes me want to create. I could sit in there and paint what I see, I could use bits of nature to make anything from jewelry to home decorating and anything in between, draw, craft, and generally be inspired...




















It's like a jungle in here.
The picture at the right smacks of an actual greenhouse with a long table filled with plants. But the plants have taken over.




















All of the trees have decided to stay and burst out of their pots and into the ground.





















Even pots of other plants have been left to their own devises.
































































There were so many more awesome pictures, too many to put in one post. This greenhouse has a sad story (because of the huge amount of money lost on these trees due to competition from the big money people) but it is such a beautiful, inspiring place and I will definitely be visiting again.



Meliss

No comments:

Post a Comment