Friday, April 3, 2009

Toadily

In the future I hope to get more organized with my posts. Though I have seen that I'm not the only one that's not. I have also seen others consistently share great stuff. I think I'm in between.

That said, I wanted to share some pictures of a piece I made a while ago. It has since been sold, so I'm afraid you wont be seeing it in Tweedlepox's Etsy store. (Which I opened pretty much on schedule. Amazing!)



Toadily Beautiful is a favorite that I created while working a booth at a craft fair.


The fabulous toad bead is by Green Girl Studios. He reminds me of the Frog and Toad stories that were my favorites when I was little.


Another item that is not for sale, and I did not make. (Maybe I made him fat.) I found this in my photo booth after taking a few shots.








Also, the dress that I spoke of is almost finished. It is taking far longer than I tend to think it should, but seeing as sewing is not my best skill, and my machine repeatedly binds up when I'm almost done, I should be happy that I have anything to show for it.

The skirt half is a white satiny material with a ribbon of toile along the bottom. Very cute.


I am so ridiculously close to being finished with the entire thing, that my sewing machine is sure to spontaneously combust. I'm sure i just need to get it tuned up, but unfortunately that will have to wait.



I haven't had any revelations recently (they come and go) so I'm afraid I don't have anything really fabulous to say. I can't be fabulous everyday. I have decided to be more proactive in my efforts to discipline (as in "to teach") my children as opposed to yelling. I discussed this with them this morning and they seemed to agree with the plan. We shall see if they continue to agree once I lay the empathy on them after they learn they wont be joining me for a movie later. If I keep a positive attitude about the whole thing, it promises to be amusing. For me.

Meliss

No comments:

Post a Comment